POWER. STRENGTH. UPLIFT.
My passion is helping others achieve higher levels of success - both physically and nutritionally.
Four Pillars of Healthy Eating
At Whole Foods Market, they created the following four pillars of healthy eating. They believe those pillars offer the greatest health benefits, no matter what dietary path you follow. Those pillars are: Whole Foods – any food in its most essential, pure, delicious and basic form: an asparagus spear, a...
- AboutThe mission of Uplift is to help others achieve their health and fitness goals by tailoring individual plans comprised of both exercise and nutrition. Uplift offers safe, effective programs to help clients in a friendly, non-threatening atmosphere. Who We Are & What We Do: At Uplift, we create workouts that are customized for each individual. These workouts target the whole body, maximizing the number of calories burned. The more calories burned, the more weight lost! I attribute these results to proper eating, exercising with Kettlebells and TRX Suspension Straps, plus World-Class Nutrition. These are the main topics of this site and form the foundation for how I train. INDIVIDUAL ASSESSMENT: Every client will be assessed in the beginning and the end of each program. Comprehensive, personalized routines for are created, designed to get results now. New members receive a complimentary personal training session that includes an orientation, lifestyle assessment, full body composition analysis, and goal-setting. PLAN OF ACTION: From assessment, I develop a plan of action to help you increase your overall health and well-being in the areas of fitness, nutrition, stress, relationships, and ideal body weight. It is my objective to have you achieve success, and make positive life changes that will last a lifetime, through: guidance on reaching your goals education about strength training, cardio and basic nutrition accountability track your progress variety of workouts to keep you challenged and excited
- FitnessI design for results… I became a personal trainer to help others reach their goals. I know there is a lot of confusion when it comes to health and fitness. This is why when working with Uplift Fitness, you are guaranteed a genuine and complete experience. Putting a focus into each and every nutrition recommendation, exercise routine and personal training session only comes naturally. Those who decide to work with me, achieve their goals, learn more about better health and the human body. It is a crucial step to take if you desire longevity content and energy in your life. Working with Uplift Fitness is not simply getting a cookie-cutter nutrition schedule. Your lifestyle is examined to create a personalized product. If you are thinking about turning your life around and wish to get in shape, do not wait another moment. The only way you can live the life you really want is by making tomorrow today! …and I’m kinda good at it. The clients I work with get results. Why? Because I make it easy to continue on the program. Simple changes to diet, exercise, etc. go a long way for lasting results. Resistance Build Muscle. Do you realize that if you have more muscle, you’ll burn more calories? Talk about win-win Cardio Burn Fat. Really? I’m going to tell you to get on a treadmill? Only if you want to! I have more creative ideas to get your heart pumping and fat burning! Results They speak for themselves Mix these all together and you’ll see results. Add in proper nutrition and supplementation and you’ll get them faster. Stories I told you I get results! This is my favorite part. Check out the wonderful lives I had a hand in impacting. I would love to have you on here someday! Joel Nurse Started off with kettlebell routines combining strength and cardio 3x a week. Been able to keep exercising and in shape while working multiple night shifts. Chase Personal Trainer Chase attended one of my Personal Training certification courses. Has implemented what he learned is reduced his body fat percentage from 14% down to 9% in 6 weeks!. Kristy Self-Employeed Helped Kristy transform from a size 16 to a size 8 though exercise, eating plans, and supplementation. Francisco Graphic Designer Nighty seven pounds lighter…’nuff said.
- NutritionRules to Live By NEVER SKIP BREAKFAST: Break-fast. The 1st meal of the day jump starts your metabolic rate. Make it a good one, rich with protein. ALWAYS EAT AFTER YOUR WORKOUT: Called the “golden hour”. Replenishing your body immediately after exercise keeps your body burning fat and retains your muscle. NEVER MISS YOUR MEAL BEFORE BED: Your body repairs itself at night when you sleep. Your body can only do this IF you EAT! Keep it high protein and keep it clean. No sugars or starches. YOUR METABOLISM: It looks for food every 3 hours. So feed it and keep it as high as possible. No matter how good you eat, your body must be at its optimal efficiency for you to absorb that good food. If you can learn how and why your efficiency goes down, then you can see why the Prep Phase is so important. Your metabolism is only affected by the calories that you digest and absorb. Just because you eat it, doesn’t mean you get it. Quality food in abundance will make your metabolism sky rocket and your body will want to melt off the fat. Fix your metabolism, control your weight for life.
- SupplementationIs Supplementation Really Necessary? Let thy food be thy medicine and thy medicine be thy food – HIPPOCRATES (460 – 377 B.C.) Well Hippocrates certainly had it right back in his time but what about now? Hippocrates, by the way, was the first physician to concentrate on preventing disease as well as treating it. He understood that the right type of food (and exercise) were the key to avoiding illness in the first place as well as curing it – smart fellow! Hippocrates knew that eating a natural diet would supply the body with all it needs for normal metabolism and thus good health with no disease. Now let’s skip forward to now and consider this in respect of the typical diets of most of the population – including those who think they eat a good diet. What happens if you do not consume enough nutrient dense food on a daily basis to provide you with enough vitamins, minerals, phytochemicals, antioxidants, fiber and so on??? Well – science tells us that you’ll begin developing marginal nutrient deficiencies that you won’t know you have and your organs will start degenerating before their time! Initially you’ll experience mild problems which you may not recognize as actual health problems: mood swings, fatigue, nervousness, headaches, confusion, and muscle weakness. NOT FUN! The degeneration of our essential organs is why most of us will die from a viral infection, cancer, a stroke, or heart disease! This is why we MUST address the cause of organ degeneration and help prevent us from becoming a victim of these or other preventable illnesses!” The principles of good nutrition are universal. If we can “nutrient” the human body in a comprehensive way–on a daily basis–with the full spectrum of essential nutrients in the right forms, amounts, and in the proper balance, we can sustain long-term health and effectively avoid degenerative disease. Health, after all, must begin at the cellular level. No doubt you’ve heard from many different sources that obesity and heart disease are currently the top diseases of the 21st century, and are causing more deaths in more countries than ever before. These are closely followed by diabetes, crohns disease and cancer. All these degenerative disorders stem from nutritional deficiencies caused by poor food choices…and are all preventable So that means that the only real action we have to take is to drastically modify our diets. Consume a lot more fruits and a ton more (raw) vegetables so as to get the vitamins, minerals, and other micro-nutrients our bodies depend on for optimal functioning and to heal health problems. Right? Not quite! 50 years ago it was that simple but our food supply and lifestyles today are quite different. So we need a little extra nutritional help! And the only way to get the optimal level of nutrition is by supplementing our diet…thus Supplements! Why AdvoCare? Vitamins, minerals and enzymes make up your micro-nutrients. They keep your body working properly so your macro-nutrients, your proteins, carbs and fats can do their job, properly. Not only do you need them, they must be quality. AdvoCare is designed by medical doctors who specialize in nutrition at optimal dosing. Delivered at pharmaceutical grade and purity, that work synergistically together. “You wouldn’t put cheap gas in a Ferrari.” Always get the best. We TRUST AdvoCare.
- Personal Training CertificationIn 1992 Body Tech Fitness Association created and established the first personal training and massage program within a healthcare system in Orlando, Florida. Since then we have provided many local corporations with work site ergonomic programs and presentations at health fairs and other group events. In 1999 BTFA established a state of the art fitness center near Lake Buena Vista, Florida, specializing in personal training and massage therapy. Our generous donations of time and money have earned the company awards from the Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children and Women as a founding donor, the Orlando Regional Healthcare Foundation, and the Traveler’s Group. BTFA’s commitment to total client satisfaction, dependability, flexibility, integrity and honesty has given the company the opportunity to work with some of the most prestigious local companies: Lifestyles Walt Disney World Gold’s Gym Traveler’s Group Worlds Gym Sea World Adventure Parks LA Fitness Planet Fitness Powerhouse Lynx Transportation Lord’s Gym Prudential Pure Energy Wellness Time Warner Orlando Regional Healthcare System Bally’s Body Tech Fitness Assoc. created one of Orlando’s first Personal Training Certification program. We have expanded to Canada, Europe and are currently taking our program nationwide. We are one of the few “hands-on” programs with trained instructors, skilled technicians and an advisory board that oversees all our current materials and teaching guides to ensure the newest techniques in Personal Training. The Personal Trainer Certification from BTFA is unique. The class is limited to 8 students so everyone participates in every aspect of the class. This type of training allows each individual to learn the information in a setting that sets the trainer up for success. Most trainers fail because they aren’t taught how to sell themselves, add value in what they believe and offer a long range vision of Health and Fitness. At BTFA we do take whatever steps necessary to make our trainers successful, in and out of the workplace. After the class, we meet with each student for 2 hours to make sure they know the information, answer any questions they may have, offer job placement and continue a valued relationship. Our success is measured by your success. We look forward to our time together. Click here to receive more information and find out when the next event is.